Upper Iowa University is proud to offer you guidance with your college search. We know this can be challenging so by following our recommendations you will be ahead of the game!
Remember when considering any college or university you need to consider which is the best fit for you: your goals and your lifestyle.
Download a copy of our Junior Newsletter
- Start making decisions… Do I want to attend a college or community college, public or private? Do I want to be close to home or far away?
- Begin researching schools by by visiting websites.
- Reflect on what you like to do and how this might impact your decision on what you might want to study.
- Keep your grades up!
- Register to take the ACT or SAT exam.
- Attend college fairs.
- Meet with admission representatives from schools of interest.
- Take college prep classes, if possible.
- Schedule college campus visits
- Make a list of questions to ask during a campus visit (size, majors, scholarships, athletics, cost, career services, deadlines).
- List and compare the schools you visit.
- Investigate scholarship opportunities within your school, community, your parents occupation.
- Learn how soon you can apply to attend your school of interest
Please contact us at 1-800-553-4150, ext. [1+1] or email@example.com.