You are invited to the 100th Annual Homecoming, set for October 6-8, 2016
One hundred years ago Upper Iowa University hosted its very first Homecoming. As we
celebrate this historic centennial occasion, we are excited to involve UIU students,
faculty and staff, the Fayette community and especially welcome back to campus our alumni. This year’s committee is working diligently to
ensure this is the biggest and best Homecoming celebration yet. We hope to see you
To pay by mail, please print and complete the 2016 Homecoming Reservation Form and return with your cash or check payment. Make checks payable to "Upper Iowa University,"
and mail to:
UIU Office of Institutional Advancement & Alumni Development
P.O. Box 1857
Fayette, IA 52142
Thursday, Oct. 6
- Pep Rally, Bonfire and Coronation - East of Victory Gate, 7:30 p.m. - Kick off your weekend with this Homecoming tradition, sure to energize you for a whole
weekend of Peacock fun.
- Tell Your UIU Story - Henderson-Wilder Library - Add your oral history to the UIU Archives by sharing stories of your time at UIU
and after graduation. The recording booth, near the check-out desk, is self-service.
Stop by Thursday (7:30 a.m.-11 p.m.) or Friday (7:30 a.m.-5 p.m.). To arrange an alternative
time, contact UIU Archivist, Janette Garcia at 563-425-5722 or visit uiu.edu/oralhistory.
Friday, Oct. 7
- Alumni Welcome - Parker-Fox Hall, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. - Stop by the Alumni Office when you arrive on campus and sign the alumni guest book,
flip through old yearbooks, and take part in a campus tour if you'd like.
- UIU Homecoming Archives Display - Student Center, 2nd Floor - Take a walk down memory lane and view memorabilia from all 100 years of UIU Homecomings.
- Open House at the President's Home - 308 Washington St., 12:30-3:30 p.m. - For more than a year, this home has been under major renovation. Built in 1900, the
residence has not only served as the home to University presidents and their families
but also provided accommodations for numerous dignitaries and guests. A variety of
special student events have also been held at the site. All are invited to attend
this special sneak peek of the President's Residence and ongoing restoration project. Guests
may enjoy coffee, tea and desserts.
- Eighth Annual UIU Student Research Poster Session - Baker-Hebron Hall, 1 - 2:30 p.m. - Join the School of Science and Mathematics in viewing posters detailing the activities
and work of many of the school's undergraduates.
- Art Reception - Bing-Davis Memorial Gallery, Edgar Fine Arts, 2:30-4:30 p.m. - Don't miss your chance to view "The Landscapes of Northeast Iowa," by artist, Mark
Haltof, class of 1971. This exhibition is open to the public all week (including Sunday)
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- UIU Women's Soccer - Pattison Field, 3 p.m. - UIU vs. Southwest Minnesota
- 4th Annual President's Ball - Student Center Ballroom, 6 p.m. - Join us for an evening of fun, friendship and fundraising at the "Night of One Hundred
Stars," President's Ball. Guests may enjoy a cocktail reception at 6 p.m., with a
dinner program and dancing to follow. For tickets and sponsorship info, please visit
uiu.edu/presidentsball. RSVP required.
Saturday, Oct. 8
- Homecoming Parade - downtown Fayette, 10 a.m. - This tradition is an alumni favorite. Make your way downtown and enjoy the parade
with your UIU family. To submit an entry please call 563-425-5966 or complete the
2016 Parade Entry Form and return to Naomi Aziz at Upper Iowa University - Office of Institutional Advancement
& Alumni Development.
- Alumni Awards and Honor Class Luncheon - Student Center Ballroom, 11:30 a.m. - This event will honor the classes of '46, '56, '66, '76, '91 and '06 as well as recognize
our distinguished 2016 Alumni Award recipients and Heritage Society Members. A special
gift will be presented to members of the 50-year class. Registration starts at 11:30
a.m. and the lunch program begins at noon. RSVP required.
- UIU Homecoming Football Game - Harms-Eischeid Stadium, 2:05 p.m. - UIU vs. Winona State
- Hall of Fame Banquet - Student Center Ballroom, 6 p.m. - All are invited to the banquet to recognize and honor the outstanding achievements
of Upper Iowa University athletes, coaches and officials. The cocktail reception starts
at 6 p.m., followed by a dinner program at 7 p.m. RSVP required.
Throughout Homecoming week, UIU students will be hosting several events and activities.
Peacock Pride will be spread city and campus-wide as they partake in the following:
- Sunday - Student Fashion Show
- Monday - Fayette Campus and Downtown Window Painting Competition begins + Comedy Night
- Tuesday - Powder Puff Day and Parade Float Building
- Wednesday - King & Queen Voting, Clubs and Greeks Sidewalk Chalk Challenge
For all the details on student activities to to, facebook.com/UIUStudentActivities.
Additional Information & Resources:
(coffeehouse, gifts and UIU apparel)
|Located in downtown Fayette, Pavo Blue will be open:
Thursday and Friday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Sunday: 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
(on-campus gift shop)
Located in the UIU Student Center, Peacock Connection will be open:
Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Friday 8:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Harms-Eischeid Stadium Store on Saturday: 1-4 p.m.
||Several designated parking areas are available on campus. Please refer to the Homecoming
campus map for specific locations.
|Free shuttle service
||Shuttle service will be available on Saturday from the Victory Gate on Union Street.
Please refer to the Homecoming campus map for specific locations.
UIU is proud of our beautiful facilities. During your Homecoming visit, we hope you
make time to tour campus. For those of you who have not been to campus recently, you
may need to access our Fayette Campus Map.
For lodging, dining, directions and other travel information, click here.
Please contact Upper Iowa University Office of Institutional Advancement & Alumni
Development with questions or if you would like to volunteer during Homecoming. 563.425.5388
We look forward to seeing you at Homecoming 2016.