Save the date for Homecoming, set for October 8-11, 2015!
Homecoming is a time of celebration, camaraderie, and above all - fun! The Homecoming Committee works hard on this exciting weekend for students, faculty, staff, the Fayette community and especially our alumni all year long. Click here for our Flickr photos from Homecoming 2014!
Below is a tentative schedule of 2015 events:
Thursday, October 8
- UIU Men's Soccer vs. Fort Hays State, 2 p.m., Pattison Field
- Pep Rally, Bonfire & Coronation, 7:30 p.m.
Friday, October 9
- 50-Year Reunion Class Luncheon & Heritage Society Recognition (honoring the UIU Class of 1965 and all members of UIU's Heritage Society), 11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., Student Center Ballroom
- Student Research Project Showcase hosted by School of Science and Mathematics, 1-2:30 p.m., Baker-Hebron and Colgrove-Walker Hall
- Alumni & Archives Reception (Enjoy the new archives exhibit and each other's company! Tours will be available throughout the afternoon.) 2:30-4:30 p.m., program starts at 2:30 p.m., Henderson Wilder Library
- President's Ball - cocktails reception, dinner program, and dancing! 6:00 p.m., Student Center Ballroom
- UIU Volleyball vs. Northern State, 7 p.m., Dorman Gymnasium
Saturday, October 10
- Homecoming Parade, 10 a.m., Main Street (downtown Fayette)
- UIU Women's Soccer vs. Northern State, 11 a.m., Pattison Field
- Homecoming Alumni Art Reception, 2:30 - 4 p.m., Bing-Davis Art Gallery
- Hall of Fame Banquet, 12 p.m., Student Center Ballroom
- UIU Volleyball vs. Minnesota State Moorhead, 3 p.m., Dorman Gymnasium
- Homecoming Football Game vs. Concordia St. Paul , 6 p.m., Harms-Eischeid Stadium
Sunday, October 11
- Alumni Awards & Honor Class Brunch (honoring the classes of '45, '55, '65, '75, '90 and '05), from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m., Student Center Ballroom
- UIU Women's Soccer vs. Minnesota State Moorhead, 11 a.m., Pattison Field
- UIU Men's Soccer vs. Viterbo, 1 p.m., Pattison Field
Pavo Blue (coffee house, gifts and UIU apparel) located in downtown Fayette will be open:
Thursday and Friday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m., Saturday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m., Sunday: 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Peacock Connection (on-campus gift shop) located in the UIU Student Center will be open:
Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Friday 8:30 a.m. - 6 p.m., Saturday: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. and at the Harms-Eischeid Stadium Store on Saturday: 5-8 p.m.
Homecoming Alumni Art Exhibition featuring original works of art by UIU alumni will be available for viewing in the Edgar-Fine Arts Hall - Bing-Davis Art Gallery all week (including Sunday) from 8 a.m. -5 p.m.
Handicapped Parking: several designated parking areas are available on campus. Please refer to the Homecoming campus map for specific locations.
Free shuttle service: Saturday, rides will be available from the Victory Gate on Union Street. Please refer to the Homecoming campus map for specific locations.
UIU is proud of our beautiful new facilities. During your Homecoming visit, we hope you make time to tour campus! For those of you who have not been to campus recently, you may need to access our Campus Map.
For lodging, dining, directions and other travel information, click here.
Please contact Upper Iowa University Office of Institutional Advancement & Alumni Development with questions or if you would like to volunteer during Homecoming. 563.425.5388 or email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you at Homecoming 2015!