Homecoming is a time of celebration, camaraderie, and above all - fun! The Homecoming Committee is working hard on this exciting weekend for students, faculty, staff, the Fayette community and especially our alumni. Please join us for some or all of the festivities!
To view the 2014 Official Homecoming brochure, click here.
Thursday, Oct. 2
- President's Ball - cocktails, appetizers, dinner and dancing! 6 p.m., Student Center Ballroom ($75/person)
Friday, Oct. 3
- 50-Year Reunion Class Luncheon with Board of Trustees, 12-1 p.m., Student Center Ballroom
- Student Research Project Showcase hosted by School of Science and Mathematics, 1-2:30 p.m., Baker-Hebron and Colgrove-Walker
- Open Golf, 1:30-5 p.m., Big Rock Country Club
- Alumni Check-in and Gathering (Enjoy desserts & coffee!), 1-5 p.m., Parker-Fox Hall
- Women's Soccer vs. U-Mary, 3 p.m., Pattison Field
- 15th Anniversary Reception for UIU's Online Program (refreshments served!), 3-4:30 p.m. with a brief program at 3:30 p.m., Andres Center for Business & Education Atrium
- Hall of Fame Banquet, 5:30 p.m., Student Center Ballroom
- Volleyball vs. St. Cloud State, 7 p.m., Dorman Gymnasium
- Pep Rally, Bonfire & Coronation, 8:45 p.m., Rec Center Parking Lot
Saturday, Oct. 4
- Alumni Morning Mixer - brunch, drinks and fun, plus - the best spot in town to view the parade, 9-11 a.m. Cabo Blue Sports Bar & Grill, downtown Fayette ($8/person for brunch)
- Homecoming Parade, 10 a.m., Main Street; click here to download a parade entry form. All questions should be directed to Amy Tucker at 563.425.5311 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Women's basketball alumni game, 11:30 a.m., Dorman Gymnasium; former players are invited to a reception following the event
- Alumni & Awards Luncheon, honoring the Classes of 1944, 1954, 1964, 1974, 1989 and 2004, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Student Center Ballroom ($30/person)
- Homecoming Alumni Art Reception, 2:30-4 p.m., Bing-Davis Art Gallery
- Volleyball vs. Minnesota Duluth, 3 p.m., Dorman Gymnasium
- Tailgates & Reunion Group Gatherings, 3-5:30 p.m., location TBD
- Acacia Fraternity Reunion, 1-6 p.m., near entrance of Harms-Eischeid Stadium
- Homecoming Football Game vs. Augustana 6 p.m., Harms-Eischeid Stadium; gates open at 4:30 p.m.
- Fireworks Display, following the game (approximately 9 p.m.) near Harms-Eischeid Stadium
*Sunday, Oct. 5
- Women's Soccer vs. Minot State, 1 p.m., Pattison Field
Pavo Blue (coffee house, gifts and UIU apparel) located in downtown Fayette will be open:
Thursday and Friday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m., Saturday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m., Sunday: 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Peacock Connection (on-campus gift shop) located in the UIU Student Center will be open:
Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Friday 8:30 a.m. - 6 p.m., Saturday: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. and at the Harms-Eischeid Stadium Store on Saturday: 5-8 p.m.
Homecoming Alumni Art Exhibition featuring original works of art by UIU alumni will be available fro viewing in the Edgar-Fine Arts Hall - Bing-Davis Art Gallery all week (including Sunday) from 8 a.m. -5 p.m.
Handicapped Parking: several designated parking areas are available on campus. Please refer to the Homecoming campus map for specific locations.
Free shuttle service: beginning at 3 p.m. Saturday, rides will be available from the Victory Gate on Union Street. Please refer to the Homecoming campus map for specific locations.
For those of you who have not been to campus recently, you may need to access our Campus Map. UIU is proud of our beautiful new facilities. During your Homecoming visit, we hope you make time to tour campus!
For lodging, dining, directions and other travel information, click here.
Please contact Upper Iowa University Advancement/Alumni Office with questions or if you would like to volunteer during Homecoming. 563.425.5238 or email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you at Homecoming 2014!