Welcome to Upper Iowa University's collaborative Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) Systems Portfolio, which will contain an Overview and responses to questions regarding AQIP Categories.
The idea behind the e-portfolio is to gather information via university-wide feedback, which will supplement data gathered in select face-to-face interviews across the university. When finalized, your comments/feedback on these categories will allow us to integrate YOUR experience and YOUR contribution to UIU's organization as a whole.
Your awareness of and participation in UIU's commitment to continuous quality improvement is vital not only to the success of our students but also of the university as a whole. Your feedback also displays your commitment to conscious engagement in university processes, projects, and initiatives; this will allow everyone's experience and contribution to be shared in a tangible format, and will be submitted to AQIP for review. Further, since "continuous quality improvement" is key, UIU's System Portfolio will be a live document subject to revision on an on-going basis.
Below are the categories we are asking you to review and comment on, via the form found on the pages that will appear when you click on a link. Please feel free to provide feedback on this site if you think that you are involved in any way in the following categories:
• Category 1, Helping Students Learn
• Category 2, Accomplishing Other Distinctive Objectives
• Category 3, Understanding Students' and Other Stakeholders' Needs
• Category 4, Valuing People
• Category 5, Leading and Communicating
• Category 6, Supporting Institutional Operations
• Category 7, Measuring Effectiveness
• Category 8, Planning Continuous Improvement
• Category 9, Building Collaborative Relationships
We sincerely thank you for taking time to provide us with much needed feedback on your experience(s) here at UIU.
Click here to go to the AQIP WIKI index page for helpful information/support on the Systems Portfolio, Overview, and AQIP Categories.
- AQIP Category One, HELPING STUDENTS LEARN, focuses on the design, deployment, and effectiveness of teaching-learning processes that underlie your institution’s credit and non-credit programs and courses, and on the processes required to support them.
- AQIP Category Two, ACCOMPLISHING OTHER DISTINCTIVE OBJECTIVES, addresses the key processes (separate from your instructional programs and internal support services) through which you serve your external stakeholders — the processes that contribute to achieving your major objectives, fulfilling your mission, and distinguishing
yours from other educational institutions.
- AQIP Category Three, UNDERSTANDING STUDENTS’ AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS’ NEEDS, examines how your institution works actively to understand student and other stakeholder needs.
- AQIP Category Four, VALUING PEOPLE, explores your institution’s commitment to the development of your faculty, staff, and administrators.
- AQIP Category Five, LEADING AND COMMUNICATING addresses how your leadership and communication processes, structures, and networks guide your institution in setting directions, making decisions, seeking future opportunities, and communicating decisions and actions to your internal and external stakeholders.
- AQIP Category Six, SUPPORTING INSTITUTIONAL OPERATIONS, addresses the institutional support processes that help to provide an environment in which learning can thrive.
- AQIP Category Seven, MEASURING EFFECTIVENESS, examines how your institution collects, analyzes, distributes, and uses data, information, and knowledge to manage itself and to drive performance improvement.
- AQIP Category Eight, PLANNING CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT, examines your institution’s planning processes and how your strategies and action plans help you achieve your mission and vision.
- AQIP Category Nine, BUILDING COLLABORATIVE RELATIONSHIPS, examines your institution’s relationships – current and potential – to analyze how they contribute to the institution’s accomplishing its mission.