Overview. Provide an overview of your institution by briefly introducing vital characteristics such as mission, values, strategic vision, history, location, control (public or private) and status (for-profit or not-for-profit), and then answering the following nine items.
To contribute to the portfolio or leave a comment, click on the particular item.
- What are your goals for student learning and shaping an academic climate? What are your key credit and non-credit instructional programs, and educational systems, services, and technologies that directly support them?
- What key organizational services, other than instructional programs, do you provide for your students and other external stakeholders? What programs do you operate to achieve them?
- What are the short- and long-term requirements and expectations of the current student and other key stakeholder groups you serve? Who are your primary competitors in serving these groups?
- What are your administrative, faculty, and staff human resources? What key factors determine how you organize and use them?
- What strategies align your leadership, decision-making, and communication processes with your mission and values, the policies and requirements of your oversight entities, and your legal, ethical, and social responsibilities?
- What strategies align your key administrative support goals with your mission and values? What services, facilities, and equipment do you provide to achieve them?
- What determines the data and information you collect and distribute? What information resources and technologies govern how you manage and use data?
- What are the key commitments, constraints, challenges, and opportunities with which you must align your institution’s short- and long-term plans and strategies?
- What key partnerships and collaborations, external and internal, contribute to your institution’s effectiveness?
Need more information on the Overview? Click here for notes and support.