- ATM Finders- These websites help you locate ATM machines worldwide.
- Center for Disease Control- This website lists recommended vaccinations for travelers.
- CIA World Factbook- This website provides general information on all countries
- Connectivity - Phones & Internet- This link provides websites and information dealing with country codes and internet accessibility.
- Country Specific Information- This link provides specific information for individuals traveling to one of our Centers in Hong Kong or Malaysia.
- Currency Converter- This website allows you to view the exchange rates between countries.
- Passport – This link provides passport information and forms.
- Request a CultureGram- This will e-mail us if you need further information on a country. We suggest you first view the country information on CIA World Factbook.
- Visas – This link provides information on VISA requirements.
- University of Iowa Travel Clinic- This website provides the phone number to schedule an appointment for a vaccination at the University of Iowa Travel Clinic.
- World Time Clock- This provides the current time around the world.
- MasterCard/ Cirrus ATM Finder
- VISA/ Plus ATM Finder
Connectivity - Phones & Internet
How to get a U.S. Passport
A passport is required for all travel outside the United States. First-time applicants will have to apply in-person at designated places, for example a County Courthouse. Please allow a minimum of a month for processing; however expedited processing of 10 business days is available with an extra cost. Visit The U.S. Department of State website for complete information on the passport application process.
Information for U.S. Citizens
- Visas are usually required for study, work, or visits lasting longer than a few months. A visa may not be required for a U.S. tourist on a short vacation in certain countries. Visit the U.S. Department of State website to find out more.
Information for Everyone
- The Electronic Embassy- You must obtain a visa from the embassy or consulate of the country of your destination before entering that country.