International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) exists to support international students and scholars with immigration and cultural adjustment as they pursue their educational goals. In addition, ISSS seeks to provide the UIU community with opportunities for cross-cultural experiences and serve as a resource for the campus on international student and scholar needs, questions, and concerns.
ISSS offers the following services:
- Immigration advising for international students and scholars
- International Student Orientation
- Transportation to local government offices for SSNs and driver's licenses
- Cross-cultural, educational, and social activities
- Interfaith Calendar (July 2015 - June 2016)
To make an appointment with the International Student Advisor, please call 563-425-5852 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Social security numbers are only required for employment. They are not needed for the purposes of getting a driver's license or state ID, buying a car, renting one of the uhaul cars available on campus, renting an apartment, or buying a cell phone or a prepaid cell phone plan. Additionally, international students will be denied an SSN if they apply for one from the Social Security Administration without having the proper documentation of employment.