Welcome law enforcement personnel!
Why choose UIU
Founded in 1857, Upper Iowa University is a private, not-for-profit university providing educational excellence and leadership development to approximately 6,000 students – at our traditional campus in Fayette, Iowa;through our various online degree programs; at our off-campus learning centers throughout the U.S.; and through our independent study programs.
Degrees for your career
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- B.S. in Public Administration with a law enforcement emphasis
- B.S. in Emergency and Disaster Management
- Master of Public Administration (MPA) with a Justice Administration or Homeland Security emphasis
- and several more programs...
Nationally regarded distance learning programs
- Academically qualified faculty with practitioner experience
- No on campus residency
- Regionally accredited
- Open enrollment allows you to begin your degree during any term
- Flexible schedule for faster degree completion
- Maximum transfer of credits; military, ACE, CLEP, DSST, and experiential learning
The Independent Study Program is modeled after traditional correspondence learning. It is a paper/email based program specifically designed to make learning as flexible as possible. You may enroll in a course at any time and take up to six-months to complete the course.
For those who prefer interaction with other students, the Online Degree Program enables completion of courses in a virtual classroom environment. You can log on to your course at any time. Six eight weeks terms are offered each year.
Receive UIU college credit for your law enforcement training
Through our experiential learning program you may be eligible to receive up to 30 college credits for your law enforcement academy training.