Welcome Fire Service and EMS Personnel!
Why choose UIU
Founded in 1857, Upper Iowa University is a private, not-for-profit university providing educational excellence and leadership development to over 6,200 students – at our traditional campus in Fayette, Iowa; through our various online degree programs; at our off-campus learning centers throughout the U.S.; and via our independent study program.
Degrees for your career
- B.S. in Public Administration with a Fire Science emphasis
- B.S. in Emergency and Disaster Management
- Master of Public Administration (MPA) with an Emergency Management and Homeland Security emphasis
- and several more programs...
Nationally regarded distance learning programs
- Online degrees with six, 8 week terms each year
- Academically qualified faculty with practitioner experience
- No on campus residency
- Regionally accredited
- Flexible schedule for faster degree completion
- Maximum transfer of credits; military, ACE, CLEP, DSST, and experiential learning
The Self-Paced Degree Program offers full degree programs modeled after correspondence learning. The paper/email based program is specifically designed to make learning as flexible as possible. You may enroll in a course and start in any of our six terms and take up to six-months to complete the course.
For those who prefer interaction with other students, the Online Degree Program enables completion of courses in a virtual classroom environment. You can log on to your course at any time. Six eight weeks terms are offered each year.
Receive UIU college credit for your Fire Science and EMS training
Through our experiential learning program you may be eligible to receive up to 30 college credits for your fire science training.