Fraternal Order of Police
Upper Iowa University is proud to be a member of the The National Fraternal Order of Police University (NFOPU). This consortium of colleges and universities provide members of the National FOP with multi-varied learning programs. Our distance learning programs allow members of the FOP the flexibility needed to take courses which accommodate the unique requirements of a working law enforcement officer's schedule.
Why choose UIU
Founded in 1857, Upper Iowa University is a private, not-for-profit university providing educational excellence and leadership development to about 6,200 students — both nationally and internationally — at our traditional campus in picturesque Fayette, Iowa; through our various online degree programs; at our U.S. centers; through our independent study program; and at our international centers.
Bachelor of Science degree with majors in:
- Business Administration
- Criminal Justice
- Emergency and Disaster Management
- Financial Management
- Health Services Administration
- Human Resources Management
- Human Services
- Management Information Systems
- Public Administration - General emphasis
- Public Administration - Fire Science emphasis
- Public Administration - Law Enforcement emphasis
- Social Science
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Higher Education Administration (MHEA)
- Master of Public Administration (MPA)
Nationally regarded distance learning programs
- Academically qualified faculty with practitioner experience
- No on campus residency
- Regionally accredited
- Flexible schedule for faster degree completion
- Maximum transfer of credits; military, ACE, CLEP, DSST, and experiential learning
The Independent Study Program is modeled after traditional correspondence learning. It is a paper/email based independent study program specifically designed to make learning as flexible as possible. You may enroll in a course at any time and study at your own pace. Each course offers a six month enrollment period with no minimum time frame for completion of the course.
For those who prefer interaction with other students through a structured eight week term, the Online Degree Program enables completion of courses in a web-based virtual classroom environment. You can log on to your course at any time of the day to complete your assignments. Six eight weeks terms are offered each year.
UIU’s learning centers offer evening and weekend classes that provide students the convenience to pursue new opportunities. Our learning centers offer the perfect learning environment where students feel welcome and find a new commitment to pursuing academic goals.
Fraternal Order of Police is part of the Corporate Advantage Program. As an employee of Fraternal Order of Police you will receive a 10% discount on the current tuition rate at UIU. The application fee is also waived.