Tuition & Financial Aid
Managing the cost......
Paying for your education doesn't have to be a burden. Upper Iowa University's convenient scheduling allows you to continue along your current career path so you don't sacrifice your income.
The cost of tuition varies by center and program location. Click here for the current tuition rate at your program of choice.
Federal Financial Aid Programs
UIU also offers Financial Aid packages to individuals who meet federal guidelines. To determine your eligibility for Financial Aid funding, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) which can be obtained through your program office or completed online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Examples of Financial Aid include:
- Federal Pell Grant - Monies awarded to students who demonstrate significant financial need. The Pell Grant is gift aid that does not require repayment.
- Iowa Tuition Grant - For Iowa residents only, Iowa Tuition Grant monies are awarded to students who demonstrate financial need. Iowa Tuition Grant does not require repayment.
- Federal Subsidized and Unsubsidized Stafford Loans - The subsidized and unsubsidized Stafford loans are low-interest loans and require repayment beginning six months after falling below half-time status.
Scholarships are financial awards that are given to selected individuals based on specific selection criteria. They do not have to be repaid by the student. You can search for free scholarships at http://www.scholarships.com/ or www.fastweb.com.
Company and Military Tuition Benefits
- Company Tuition Assistance - Many companies offer tuition benefit programs for their employees. Check with your human resources office to determine your eligibility.
- Military - The military offers a wide-variety of educational benefits. Please check with your education office for more details. Information for Veterans education benefits can be found at: http://www.gibill.va.gov/.
UIU Tuition Discounts
- Articulation Partners - UIU maintains partnerships with several two-year academic institutions. Employees from qualifying institutions may be eligible to receive a discount on tuition.
- Corporate Partners - UIU maintains partnerships with several corporations. Employees from qualifying corporations may be eligible to receive a discount on tuition.
- Military - The long-standing relationship the University shares with our military family is beneficial for DoD card holders. You need only to present your card to staff at your local center or program to take advantage of discounted tuition.