Why choose UIU?
Founded in 1857, Upper Iowa University is a private, not-for-profit university providing educational excellence and leadership development to about 6,200 students — both nationally and internationally — at our traditional campus in picturesque Fayette, Iowa; through our online degree programs; at our U.S. centers; through our self-paced degree program; and at our international centers.
The Master of Higher Education Administration (MHEA) degree offers emphases areas in:
- Student Affairs
While complementary, the areas of emphasis are distinct. Skill and competence in specific educational administration areas are developed through individual and group assignments that combine theory with practical examples. Learners apply relevant theories to real-world higher education case study scenarios. The Master of Higher Education Administration program is designed to strengthen the leadership skills for educational administrators.
The Master of Higher Education Administration degree requires 39 semester credits of graduate level course work with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for completion. Complete degree requirements are available in the Academic Extension catalog.
Nationally regarded programs offered through Online, Learning centers in seven states, and Self-Paced Degree.
- Academically qualified faculty with practitioner experience
- No on campus residency for distance learning programs
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission
- Open enrollment so you can begin your degree during any term
- Flexible schedule for accelerated degree completion
- Maximum transfer of credits; military, ACE, CLEP, DSST, and experiential learning
- Classes start in January, March, May, July, August, and October
Online demo classroom:
Our programs offer flexibility and convenience through a web-based platform that you can fit into your schedule. Our demo course can help you determine if online learning is a good fit for you.
Is Distance Learning for Me?
Would you be a successful distance learning student? Online courses offer students opportunities to learn in new ways and makes learning available to many who cannot attend a traditional class. However, online courses are not for everybody, just as not every student is successful in traditional college classes. Discover what it takes to a successful online learner.
What can I do with the Master of Higher Education Administration degree?
The Master of Higher Education Administration degree will prepare students to demonstrate specific knowledge in the field of higher education administration including the skills and techniques necessary to enable them to:
- Assume leadership positions in higher education
- Adopt best-practice skills and models in higher education finance, curriculum design, legal issues, and distance learning
- Think critically and ethically about the purposes, design, functions and character of higher education organizations and their service to society
- Develop effective decision-making, leadership, management, and analytical skills
- Examine the issues of governance in higher education and institutional adaptation to the changing environment
- Make substantive contributions to society through leadership positions in public, not-for-profit, and for-profit higher education institutions
Contact us today for more information:
Upper Iowa University
PO Box 1857
Fayette, IA 52142-1857
Toll free phone: 800-553-4150 (daytime or after-hours voice mail)
Direct phone: 563-425-5200 (daytime or after-hours voice mail)