The Upper Iowa Center in Madison, WI, opened in 1981. Today, it serves more than 400 undergraduates and nearly 40 graduate students pursuing bachelor’s degrees, a master’s degree, certificates, and associate degrees. Many of the courses are taught by full-time UIU faculty members and others are taught by adjunct faculty who draw on their practical experiences in the field. Courses are offered during six eight-week terms. Some shorter courses may be offered. Watch the Bulletin Board on this page for local postings.
302 S. Gammon Road, Suite 121
Madison, WI 53717
9 a.m. - 7 p.m. Monday - Thursday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Friday
You can get information on any of the following majors from the UIU-Madison Center. Some are available at the center and others are available as online courses. Many students blend their degree plan, by taking some face-to-face courses and some online courses. Check with your Academic Advisor for more details about any of these programs.
Associate of Arts
- Criminal Justice
- General Business
- Liberal Arts
- Art Administration
- Communication Studies
- Emergency and Disaster Management
- Forensics/Criminalistics (NEW)
- Human Resources Management
- Organizational Leadership
- Psychology (NEW)
Social Work Training Certificate (SWTC)
- UIU offers the courses required by the State of Wisconsin, and the internship program, as part of the Human Services, Psychology or Criminal Justice degree programs.
- Students can take the SWTC courses as part of their degree plan, or as non-degree seeking students.
Master Degrees (online only)
2014 - 15 Academic Year
- Term 1 (August 25, 2014 - October 19, 2014)
- Term 2 (October 20, 2014 - December 15, 2014)
- Term 3 (January 5, 2015 - March 1, 2015)
- Term 4 (March 2, 2015 - May 3, 2015)
- Term 5 (May 4, 2015 - June 28, 2015)
- Term 6 (June 29, 2015 - August 23, 2015)
Current Course Schedule
Tutoring services in the Madison Center include both writing and math tutors. A 24-seat computer lab and a study lounge are available on site. Students have access to Smarthinking.com and general writing and math resources via the links below. Please contact the center director or administrative assistant at 608-278-0350 for more information.
Tutoring Svcs/Get Help Now | Resources | Library | Smarthinking | Technical Help | Student Success
Madison Center Staff
Center Phone: 608-278-0350 Ext. 2201
Phone: 608-278-0350 Ext. 2205
Phone: 608-278-0350 Ext. 2202
Assistant Professor of Psychology & Liberal Arts
Register for Courses
Request a Transcript
Check UIU Email
Military and Veterans’ Benefits
Other Helpful Links