The Upper Iowa Center in Madison, WI, opened in 1981. Today, it serves more than 400 undergraduates and nearly 40 graduate students pursuing bachelor’s degrees, a master’s degree, certificates, and associate degrees. Many of the courses are taught by full-time UIU faculty members and others are taught by adjunct faculty who draw on their practical experiences in the field. Courses are offered during six eight-week terms. Some shorter courses may be offered. Watch the Bulletin Board on this page for local postings.
4601 Hammersley Road
Madison, WI 53711
9 a.m. - 7 p.m. Monday - Thursday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Friday
Although the list is always subject to change, these undergraduate majors are currently offered at the Madison center: (descriptions of the majors)
- Criminal Justice
- Emergency and Disaster Management
- Human Resources Management
- Health Services Administrations
- Human Services (students have the option of pursuing the Social Work Training Certificate)
- Public Administration (with optional certifications in Fire Science or Law Enforcement)
Certificate programs are offered in Human Resources Management, Marketing, Organizational Communications, and Organizational Leadership.
The UIU Online Program also offers master’s degree programs and many of the courses for an undergraduate degree plan. All UIU courses, regardless of how you take them, count toward completion of your degree.
Although the schedule may be subject to change, currently the 2012-13 academic year includes the following terms:
- Term 1 (August 27 - October 21, 2012)
- Term 2 (October 22 -December 16, 2012)
- Term 3 (January 7 - March 3, 2013)
- Term 4 (March 4 - May 5, 2013)
- Term 5 (May 6 - June 30, 2013)
- Term 6 (July 1 - August 25, 2013)
Current Course Schedule
Tutoring services in the Madison Center include both writing and math tutors. A 24-seat computer lab and a study lounge are available on site. Students have access to Smarthinking.com and general writing and math resources via the links below. Please contact the center director or administrative assistant at 608-278-0350 for more information.
Tutoring Svcs/Get Help Now | Resources | Library | Smarthinking | Technical Help | Student Success
Madison Center Staff
Center Phone: 608-278-0350
Ms. Daryl Haessig
Manager of Student Accounts
Register for Courses
Request a Transcript
Check UIU Email
Military and Veterans’ Benefits
Other Helpful Links