The Upper Iowa Center in Prairie du Chien, WI, opened in 1988 and offers courses to nearly 200 students at centers in Prairie du Chien, Fennimore, and LaCrosse. Many of the courses are taught by full-time UIU faculty members and others are taught by adjunct faculty who draw on their practical experiences in the field. Courses are offered during six eight-week terms. Some shorter courses may be offered. Watch the Bulletin Board on this page for local postings.
Prairie du Chien Center
133 S. Michigan St.
Prairie du Chien, WI 53821
9 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday-Thursday
8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Friday
Although the list is always subject to change, these majors are currently offered at the Prairie du Chien center. Some majors may only be offered in combination with online courses or correspondence courses. (descriptions of the majors)
- Business Administration
- Criminal Justice
- Emergency and Disaster Management
- Financial Management
- Health Services Administration
- Human Resources Management
- Human Services (students have the option of pursuing the Social Work Training Certificate)
- Management Information Systems
- Public Administration (with optional certifications in Fire Science or Law Enforcement)
Certificate programs are available in Human Resources Management, Organizational Communications and Organizational Leadership.
Associate degrees are offered in general business and liberal arts.
The UIU Online Program also offers master's degree programs and many of the courses for an undergraduate degree plan. All UIU courses, regardless of how you take them, count toward completion of your degree.
Although the schedule may be subject to change, currently the 2012-13 academic year includes the following terms:
- Term 1 (August 27 - October 21, 2012)
- Term 2 (October 22 -December 16, 2012)
- Term 3 (January 7 - March 3, 2013)
- Term 4 (March 4 - May 5, 2013)
- Term 5 (May 6 - June 30, 2013)
- Term 6 (July 1 - August 25, 2013)
Current Class Schedule
The Prairie du Chien Center provides a conference room with two general-use computers. The Center posts a list of organizations and available tutors in writing and math. Students have access to Smarthinking.com and general writing and math resources via the links below. Please contact the Prairie du Chien Director or Office Manager at 608-326-4292 for more information.
Tutoring Svcs/Get Help Now | Resources | Library | Smarthinking | Technical Help | Student Success
Prairie Du Chien Center Staff
Register for Courses
Request a Transcript
Check UIU Email
Military and Veterans’ Benefits
Other Helpful Links