The Upper Iowa Center in Waterloo, IA, opened in 1985 and serves about 500 students with a variety of majors, including elementary and secondary education. Many of the courses are taught by full-time UIU faculty members and others are taught by adjunct faculty who draw on their practical experiences in the field. Courses are offered during six eight-week terms. Some shorter courses may be offered. Watch the Bulletin Board on this page for local postings.
3563 University Ave.
Waterloo, IA 50701
9a.m. – 7 p.m. Monday - Thursday
8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Friday
Although the list is always subject to change, these majors are currently offered at the Waterloo center: (descriptions of the majors)
- Business Administration
- Criminal Justice
- Elementary Education
- Emergency Disaster and Management
- Financial Management
- General Business (for teacher licensure)
- Health Services Administration
- Human Resources Management
- Human Services
- Management Information Systems
- PreK-Grade 3
- Public Administration (with optional certification in Fire Science or Law Enforcement)
- Social Science (also for teacher licensure)
The center offers associate degrees in General Business and Liberal Arts.
Educational endorsements are available in:
- Early Childhood: PreK-K
- Instructional Strategist l - Mild/Moderate Disabilities K-8
- Instructional Strategist l - Mild/Moderate Disabilities 5-12
- Instructional Strategist ll - Mild/Moderate Disabilities K-12
- Middle School
- Reading K-8
- Reading 5-12
A Master of Business Administration degree is available at the Waterloo Center.
A Master of Education degree for teachers is also available at the Waterloo Center.
The UIU Online Program also offers master's degree programs and many of the courses for an undergraduate degree plan. All UIU courses, regardless of how you take them, count toward completion of your degree.
2014 - 15 Academic Year
- Term 1 (August 25, 2014 - October 19, 2014)
- Term 2 (October 20, 2014 - December 15, 2014)
- Term 3 (January 6, 2015 - March 2, 2015)
- Term 4 (March 3, 2015 - May 4, 2015)
- Term 5 (May 5, 2015 - June 29, 2015)
- Term 6 (June 30, 2015 - August 24, 2015)
Current Class Schedule
The Waterloo Center includes a 27-seat computer lab open 9-5 daily and 5-10 p.m. Monday-Thursday when there is not a scheduled class. Please check the individual term schedules for evening availability. A break room with study tables and six lobby computers are also available. Students have access to Smarthinking.com and general writing and math resources via the links below. Please contact the Center director at 319-232-6980 for more information.
Tutoring Svcs/Get Help Now | Resources | Library | Smarthinking | Technical Help | Student Success
Waterloo Center Staff
Interim Center Director
Teacher Education Assistant
Teacher Education Coordinator
Financial Aid Advisor/Student Account Specialist
Assistant Professor of Education, Waterloo Center
Register for Courses
Request a Transcript
Check UIU Email
Military and Veterans’ Benefits
Other Helpful Links