Upper Iowa University’s RN-BSN program has been designed by experienced healthcare educators to be flexible enough to fit any lifestyle and any schedule.
Students are able to choose between a hybrid model (classroom and online) or an all online model.
- For those students choosing the hybrid model, we've created a perfect mix of coursework on campus and in an online format.
- You benefit from the chance to form close relationships with your fellow students and with faculty in courses that meet in small groups on campus.
- You also have the convenience of online learning.
- For those students choosing the online model, you have complete control of how you study, when you study, and the pace at which you study.
- Faculty guides you through the process, but you are responsible for your own style of learning.
- You are afforded the opportunity to complete your work wherever you happen to be.
Full-time or half-time — the choice is yours.
- Prior to taking the core nursing courses, students will be required to complete the pre-requisite courses of Composition ll, Critical Thinking, and Computer Skills. Composition ll and Computer Skills may be transferred in from another institution.
- If you enroll as a full-time student (taking two courses per eight-week term), you will complete the nursing program in one year.
- If you enroll half-time (taking just one course per eight-week term) you'll complete the nursing program in two years.
- Half-time or full-time, if you choose the hybrid modality, you will only be required to be on campus 4 to 5 times each term. If you are taking two NUR prefix courses, they'll meet on the same day of the week.
- Completion of general education requirements may require additional time. Students who need to take general education or free elective classes can take them before, during or after the nursing curriculum.
- Due to unexpected life events, students may find they need to stop out for a term or two. Faculty will work with students to adjust their degree plan. If a student should stop out for longer than one year, they will need to resubmit their health and background information, now done through CertifiedBackground.com.