Best-selling author and Fayette resident Katherine Hannigan will be a featured artist in the Bing-Davis Gallery this busy gallery season.
FAYETTE, Iowa (August 22, 2014) – Encaustic, clay, illustration and water color – Bing-Davis Memorial Gallery has it all on display now through May 9. The gallery's schedule is packed with works of art that will make you pause and wonder, evoke a feeling and intrigue you.
Featured this 2014-15 season are:
- Now – September 26 - Mineral Density, a mixed media installation by Alexandra Robinson from Austin, Texas. Artist reception is Thursday, August 28, from 3:30-5 p.m.
- October 1-31 - Upper Iowa University All-Alumni Art Exhibition. Homecoming reception Saturday, October 4, from 2:30-4 p.m.
- November 6-December 5 – Area Community College Exhibition, a juried exhibition featuring works by area community college students. Artist reception Friday, November 7, TBD.
- December 8-19 – BA Thesis Exhibition for student Joslyn Oneal. Artist reception Tuesday, December 18, from 3:30-5 p.m.
- January 15-February 13 – Encaustic paintings by Barbara Walton from Ames, Iowa. Artist reception Thursday, January 15 from 3:30-5 p.m.
- February 19-March 27 – Illustrations by New York Times best-selling author and illustrator Katherine Hannigan from Fayette, Iowa. Artist reception Thursday, February 19, from 3:30-5 p.m.
- April 2-May 9 – UIU Student Exhibitions. More information to come at a later date.
Bing-Davis Memorial Gallery is located in the Edgar Fine Arts Hall on the Upper Iowa University residential campus in Fayette, Iowa. The gallery is open Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Barbara Walton, an artist from Ames, Iowa, will kick off the second half of the gallery season January 15 with her work in encaustics.
About Upper Iowa University Founded in 1857, Upper Iowa University is a private, not-for-profit university providing undergraduate and graduate degree programs to more than 6,200 students – nationally and internationally – at its Fayette campus and learning centers worldwide. Upper Iowa University is a recognized innovator in offering accredited, quality programs through flexible, multiple delivery systems, including online and self-paced degree program. With a focus on developing leaders and lifelong learners, UIU provides dual enrollment programs for high school students as well as continuing education and professional development opportunities for learners of any age. For more information, visit www.uiu.edu.
Monica Bayer Heaton
Associate Vice President for Communication and Marketing