The purpose of UIUDS is to provide support to students, faculty, and staff through our informative online resources and disabilities service personnel in compliance with ADAAA guidelines.
Upper Iowa University Disability Services (UIUDS) is committed to ensuring equal access to and full participation in educational and co-curricular activities to qualified students with disabilities as mandated by the ADAAA and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Disability Services positively impacts the learning experiences of students with disabilities by offering support and encouragement, and empowering students toward self-advocacy. UIU does not discriminate against any student based on any disability.
- Assist with personal growth and development, and empower students toward self-advocacy
- Provide timely, effective, and reasonable accommodations
- Serve as a liaison between students, faculty, and staff
- Promote disability awareness through various outreach initiatives
- Stay abreast of trends and issues related to disability