Report of September 26, 2012
- Mission of the Task Force
- Draft Work Plan
- Create the framework for consistent communication throughout the Strategic Refresher
- Create the framework and resource allocations for communicating internally
- Create the framework and resource allocations for communicating externally
- Talent Inclusion
Mission of Task Force 4
Transform and integrate all university communications to broaden ownership, understanding, and support by all relevant stakeholders for the university mission/strategic plan, guided and undergirded by a core set of values & shared vision.
Create the framework for consistent communication throughout the Strategic Refresher
Talking Points Consideration:
- Need to admit and live up to who we are.
- We need to become more outcomes based in our messaging
- Need to foster a shared vision and how each area fits within the vision of the University
- Create a high-end printed document that captures the refreshed vision
- Create a PowerPoint presentation that explains the process and outcomes
- Create a short high impact video that captures the refreshed plan
- Create a highly visible strategic plan page
- Create a one-page reader's digest of the vision and
- Create an elevator speech that the university personnel can use
- New Employee (faculty/staff) Orientation
- Bridge/FeatherLinks/view book/peer-to-peer
- New Students Orientation
- Open houses
- Alumni events
- Media Releases
- New employee benefits/hire documentation
Create an interactive test as part of new employee
- Open forums
- Create signage/art that reflects who we are across the university
- Standardized messaging as part of all our presentation
- PowerPoint templates, factsheets, videos, public addresses, etc
- For example address at the beginning of cabinet and other formal meetings
Create the framework and resource allocations for communicating internally
- Current Upper Iowa University Students
- College/University Peers
Create the framework and resource allocations for communicating externally
- Future Upper Iowa University Students
- Articulation Agreement Partners
- Local/Regional/National Media
- Corporate & Military Partners
Timeline & Talent Inclusion
- Ongoing and will be flushed out based on the adoption of decisions made in Task Forces 1-3
- Involve steering committee, committee chairs and appropriate university constituents when needed
- Utilize the existing Academic Distinctiveness Committee and Project 15: Integrated Recruitment Communications Planning Team to ensure continuity in the process.
- The team has not met awaiting for adoption of strategies in task forces 1-3
- Once adopted, work plan as delineated in slides 5-7 will take effect
- An email was sent by Dr. Hilton to the University community referencing creation of a website for the University's Strategic Plan Refreshment.
- The website was equipped with an invitation to receive comments and feedback using a moderator.
Results from the Webpage
- Initial strategic plan refreshment page: 343 page views with an average time spent on the page of one minute 16 seconds.
- Next most visited page: the description of the initiatives has 45 page views with an average time spent on the page of three minutes 29 seconds.
- There have been 9 visits to the strategic plan blog page. No comments have been posted on this page.