The International Business major is designed to provide an integrative framework that will help you develop the knowledge and skills necessary to compete successfully in a global business environment. It draws on the strengths of the university’s international centers and business faculty who have significant international experience.
This major introduces you to the various ways in which business is conducted in developed and emerging economies. The curriculum integrates theory and practice to improve your understanding of the importance of cross-cultural interaction, cultural literacy and international business as pillars of global leadership.
As an International Business major, you are required to complete an internship. In consultation with faculty, you can select either a domestic or international internship. You are also strongly encouraged to participate in study abroad experiences, ideally for an entire semester. Both internships and studying abroad provide an invaluable experience for you as you decide upon your career path, and permanent job offers will often happen as a result of these experiences.
As a graduate, you will be prepared with entry-level cross-cultural competence necessary to confront the challenges you will face as a future leader and/or manager on global assignments.
LOCATION: Main residential campus in Fayette, Iowa
MAJOR IN INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS
(3) BA 160 Microeconomic Principles
(3) BA 161 Macroeconomic Principles
(3) BA 201 Accounting Principles I
(3) BA 202 Accounting Principles II
(3) BA 208 Marketing Principles
(3) BA 210 Management Principles
(3) BA 222 Management Information Systems
(3) BA 302 Business Law I
(3) BA 341 Corporate Financial Management
(3) MATH 220 Elementary Statistics
(3) PHIL 202 Contemporary Ethics OR BA 225 Business Ethics
(3) BA 356 Quantitative Decisions in Business
Total: 36 credits
Area of Emphasis:
- (3) BA 317 International Management
- (3) BA 367 Cross-Cultural Leadership
- (3) BA 403 Internship
- (3) BA 415 Cross-Cultural Negotiation
- (3) BA 424 Global Marketing
- (3) BA 460 Strategic Management in the Multinational Corporation
One of the following (3):
- BA 463 International Finance
- BA 488 Economics of International Business
(12) Foreign Language
Total: 33 credits