Upper Iowa University has long been an economic engine for the City of Fayette, and one of nine key initiatives of the University's strategic plan is to enhance the greater community and foster regional economic development. University faculty, staff and students have identified a greater variety of dining and entertainment establishments as a critical need yet to be met in the City of Fayette. Toward this end, the University solicited proposals from entrepreneurs committed to starting up, managing, and operating a restaurant and sports lounge attractive to UIU students, UIU personnel, and community members alike.
- Building is on Upper Iowa University-owned property on Fayette's Main Street
- Now open.
- Two stories
- Approximately 7900 square feet
- First floor includes UIU merchandise retail store, coffee shop and sports lounge.
- Second floor will be a restaurant.
- The restaurant and sports lounge will not be operated by Upper Iowa University. The management and operation will be by the third recipient of the annual Upper Iowa Business Development grant. The announcement of the third recipient will be made soon.