It's been 155 years since Upper Iowa University began helping men and women achieve their dreams and transform their lives through higher education. UIU was established in 1857, beginning with one building on a plot of land in rural Iowa, and has grown today into a thriving national and international institution of higher education.
Through the use of extension activities and technology, Upper Iowa University allows any student the flexibility to earn a college education anywhere, at any time—yet still embodies the character and virtue of a traditional, private liberal arts university.
We are particularly pleased that this significant anniversary finds us working toward Transforming UIU by achieving the goals of the University's first-ever comprehensive capital campaign:
- academic, residential, and athletic facility upgrades to help attract students to UIU's Fayette residential campus
- academic facilities and program funding to attract outstanding faculty and staff to UIU and support our mission of continually improving our academic reputation
- special project funding that will allow UIU to remain agile and help support innovative and progressive projects that enhance the living/learning environments in all UIU communities
- scholarship availability enterprise-wide to help keep a UIU education affordable and accessible
- and will provide endowed funds to help reduce UIU's tuition dependence and enhance revenue on a consistent and predictable basis-further promoting our diversified revenue model
Please consider helping with Transforming UIU through your support. The commitments that we make today will positively impact the lives of our students, our graduates, our communities, and our world well into the future.
Vice President of External Affairs